BAND OF BROTHERS
1. All Marines are entitled to dignity and respect as individuals,
but must abide by common standards established by proper authority.
2. A Marine should never lie, cheat, or steal from a fellow Marine or
fail to come to his aid in time of need.
3. All Marines should contribute 100% of their abilities to the unitís
mission. Any less effort by an individual passes the buck to someone
4. A unit, regardless of size, is a disciplined family structure, with
similar relationships based on mutual respect among members.
5. It is essential that issues and problems which tend to lessen a
unitís effectiveness be addressed and resolved.
6. A blending of separate cultures, varying educational levels, and different social
backgrounds is possible in an unselfish atmosphere of common goals, aspirations, and
7. Being the best requires common effort, hard work, and teamwork. Nothing worthwhile
8. Every Marine deserves job satisfaction, equal consideration and recognition of his
9. Knowing your fellow Marine well enables you to learn to look at things, through his
eyes, as well as your own.
10. Issues detracting from the efficiency and sense of well being of an individual should be
surfaced and weighed against the impact on the unit as a whole.
11. It must be recognized that a brotherhood concept depends on all members belonging--
being fully accepted by others within.
Back to the Marine Page
Back to Home Page