You might be a Jarhead if...
1. You've ever used the term "Oohrah" in any context
2. Your dream home is base housing
3. You've ever rolled pennies to buy beer on a weeknight
4. You've ever sold blood to buy beer
5. You've ever financed a tattoo
6. You met your wife at a strip joint
7. Your kid has a high & tight
8. You still have your full basic issue
9. Your boot polish doesn't come out of a bottle
10. Your cammies have more starch than your potatoes
11. You refer to McDonald's food as "chow"
12. You've ever read your 'Battle Skills' book for fun
13. You still know all your General Orders
14. You call your friends "Devil Dog"
15. You think your military training is seriously worth college credit
16. Your picture is outside the Career Planner's office
17. You have whitewalls on your head, but not your car
18. You consider going to The Roadhouse a night on the town
19. You still know the words to the "Marine's Hymn"
20. You say things are 'good to go,' or 'outstanding'
21. Your favorite game is Spades
22. You still imitate your drill instructors
23. You call cadence to yourself
24. You get your haircut at the Day Store
25. You've ever given a period of instruction
26. You've ever "locked on" anybody
27. You use Aqua Velva aftershave
28. You iron your coveralls
29. You have a dog named "Chesty"
30. You have a blues cover in the back window of your car
31. You've ever done anything for love of Corps
32. You display your rank on the windshield of your car
33. You press your cammies after you get them from the cleaners
34. You have a subscription to 'The Marine Corps Times'
35. You use the term "hard charger" on a subject other than batteries
36. You think your unit doesn't PT enough
37. You think Motrin cures things
38. You wear your dogtags to the beach
39. You still use any drill instructor clichs
40. All your underwear still has your laundry number on it
41. You stencil your name on your jeans
42. You refer to regular clothes as 'civvies'
43. You've ever ironed your sheets for field day
44. You get your hair cut once a week
45. You've ever worn out an ironing board
46. You hang your dirty laundry from the foot of your bed
47. More than half of your wardrobe was purchased at the BX
48. You "quarter-deck" your kids
49. You practice line training on your wife
50. You argue with people about whether Paris Island or San Diego was better
51. You use your seabag as luggage
52. You have a picture of the Commandant in your living room
53. You wear your wooly-pully with Levis
54. You wear your all weather coat with regular clothes (or civvies)
55. The horn on your car plays the 'Marine Hymn'
56. Your picture is outside the BX
57. You've ever starved until dinner because you woke up too late to go to the chow hall
58. You have the belief that you can kick someone's ass because they're in the Navy
59. If you've ever suggested that your unit goes on a hump
60. You've ever gone to a bar or dance club in your blues
61. You found CPL School motivating
62. You like 'Tun Tavern" Beer
63. You have a camouflage comforter on your bed
64. You keep MRE's around just in case you get hungry
65. You go to the chow hall to meet women
66. You've ever had razor burn on your head
67. You signed the Chesty Puller stamp petition
68. You've ever used the term 'very well' in normal conversation
The Number 1 indicator you might be a Jarhead.... you read this far! Semper Fi!
Back to the Marine Page
Back to Home Page